- Baby Bathing
- Baby Body & Skin Care
- Baby Development
- Baby Educational Partners
- Baby Nappy Changing & Bum Care
- Baby Sleep
- Crying & Colic
- Premature Babies
- Vaccination & Weigh in Calendar
- Weaning Your Little One
- Your Newborn Baby
Bonding With Your Baby Through Massage
Skin-to-skin contact with your little one through massage is a great way to relieve stress for both you and your baby! It also boosts your baby’s immune system and helps you to form a closer bond with your little one. It’s also a great way for dads to communicate with their babies and enjoy some special time together.
You will need:
- A comfortable flat surface covered by a soft towel or a waterproof mat
- A small amount of PURITY® & Elizabeth Anne’s Baby Oil or Oil Gel
- Tissues to wipe up extra oil
- Low lighting
- Soft music or your soft hum
Massaging your baby:
- Choose a warm room and a time when you and baby are relaxed.
- Place baby on their tummy on a soft surface.
- Pour a few drops of baby oil on your hands, and rub them together to moisten them.
- Begin stroking from your baby’s forehead over the top of their head, then down their neck, all while talking or singing softly to your little one.
- Stroke across each shoulder from the centre of the neck out to the arm, one side at a time.
- From the top of your baby’s back, massage down to your little one’s hips with both hands, being careful to avoid the spine.
- Run the pads of your fingers down the back of your baby’s legs at the same time, then go back up again.
- Repeat the same stroking motion on the back of your baby’s arms.
- Turn your baby over onto his back. Keep eye contact and repeat the down-and-up strokes on your baby’s chest and the front of their arms and legs.
- Continue for as long as you are both enjoying it!
Click here to view the step-by-step video.