Pre – Schooler
- Activities & Play
- Development (ages 2 – 4)
- Nutrition & Food
- Parenting Strategies
- Pre – Schooler Behaviour
- Pre-schooler Educational Partners
- Sleep Basics
- Starting Preschool
- Vaccination and Weigh in Calendar
Quick & Easy Meals
Do you struggle to come up with delicious AND healthy lunch ideas for your kids? With a good stock of the right ingredients, as well as a good knowledge of what constitutes healthy eating for your preschooler , you can create delicious and nutritious meals that even the fussiest of preschoolers will love!
What should I include in my preschooler’s meals?
In an ideal situation, your preschooler should have a carbohydrate, dairy, protein, fruit and vegetable serving in their meal. Water is also incredibly important to keep all parts of your little one’s body functioning properly.
Sometimes it’s not possible to fit all these components in one meal, so use these general rules to help guide your preschooler along to healthy eating:
- Encourage your little one to eat from a variety of the five food groups.
- Make sure your little one’s lunchbox is packed with wholegrain carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables and a protein.
- Avoid foods that have high amounts of sugar or salt.
- Even though juice can count as one of your portions of fruit a day, it is also high in sugar. Rather dilute the fruit juice with plenty of water, or encourage your preschooler to drink water instead!
Here is a list of quick and easy recipes that are nutritionist-approved and yummy enough for the whole family. Happy cooking!
Disclaimer: Breastfeeding is best for babies. WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for six months. PURITY fully supports this with continued breastfeeding, along with the introduction of complementary food as advised by healthcare professionals.