- Baby Showers
- Choosing a Name
- Education Partners
- Expectant Dads
- Giving Birth
- Pregnancy by Trimester
- Prenatal & Postnatal Care
Baby Shower Gift Ideas
When it comes to baby shower gifts, some are more appreciated than others. Whether they are practical, personal, or just plain pampering, here’s a list of gift items for mothers-to-be to swoon over.
- Baby hampers – PURITY® & Elizabeth Anne’s Care Range hampers contain all the essentials mothers-to-be need as soon as baby arrives (as well as a few items to spoil herself).
- Light it up – Normal room lights are too bright for mom and the baby, especially during night-time feeds. Pretty night lights are the perfect gift for moms who haven’t had the time or energy to think this far.
- Hand-me-down – If you’re a close relative of the mom-to-be, passing on memorabilia such as baby shoes, baby blankets, baby equipment or anything previously owned by a loved one will make for an ‘aww’ gift moment.
- Gift cards or handmade vouchers – This may sound impersonal, but they’re always needed and appreciated. To make them more personal, get creative: You could let the mom ‘cash in’ a house-cleaning session, a date night where you offer your time to babysit, or a spa day.
- Memoirs and mementos – Moms love saving baby items. Gift them with a box, a journal and scrapbook so they can document all the milestones their babies will experience.
- Meals on wheels – Gift a handmade voucher for a week’s worth of meals after baby is born. These homemade meals will give them the much needed nutritional value and emotional comfort they need to stay strong during those sleepless nights.
- Baby library – Buying baby books in volumes will build up baby’s first library and give moms unlimited stories to read at bedtime.
- Personalise it – Embroider the name of the newborn onto their pillows or blankets.
- Little fashionista – Babies live in jumpers and onesies, so the new mom-to-be will probably opt for practical items. Add a little spice by buying items with cute statements on them.
- Receiving blankets – This may seem like an easy pick, but soft, beautiful receiving blankets that are easy to swaddle baby in are baby shower gold.