Terms & conditions of use
How to enter
1. Only entries submitted via the SMS number as advertised by The Morning Show followed by submitting of content via the Morning Show’s SMS number will be accepted as valid entry into the Competition by The Morning Show
I agree and undertake that I shall be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions for entry to the PURITY #milestonesandmemories competition [Competition]. I furthermore agree that in the event that I fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry for any reason that my entry shall not be eligible and shall be disqualified from the Competition.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. In order to be eligible to win the prize, entrants to the competition must
a) be 18 (eighteen) years or older;
b) be South African and in possession of a valid South African identity document; not be an employee of any of the following companies Cheeky Media [Company], The Morning Show, eTV, Tiger Consumer Brands Limited (Tiger Brands), Old Mutual and/or any other agent, promoter and/or other person connected with the Competition and/or a member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall be ineligible to participate. If any such person should enter then they will be automatically disqualified.
c) Meet all of the qualifying criteria listed under the heading “ How to enter” and “Cost and Method of Entry”
2. The Morning Show shall be entitled at its sole discretion to declare that any entry is not to be entered for the Competition and is disqualified (whether or not the answer is correct). In such event the The Morning Show shall not be obliged to the person who has entered of their disqualification nor shall it be obliged to provide a reason for its decision.
3. All decisions of The Morning Show shall be final, and The Morning Show shall not enter into any correspondence, dialogue and/or otherwise with any person regarding any aspect of the Competition.
4. All entries must be original, and not abusive, defamatory, offensive, derogatory, degrading and/or otherwise not acceptable due to the nature of the material submitted.
5. The Morning Show may at its sole discretion decide that any entry is not eligible due to the nature of the content of the entry and may disqualify a person from the Competition [and any such future events].
Prize(s) and Duration of Competition
1. The prize(s) shall consist of one of thirty-two PURITY product hampers to the value of R1 000.00 (one thousand Rand) each, to be awarded weekly or a grand prize of one PURITY product hamper to the value of R3 000.00 (three thousand Rand) and an Old Mutual Educational Plan to the value of R50 000.00 (fifty thousand Rand) to be awarded at the end of the 32-week campaign on The Morning Show. Old Mutual will contact the grand prize winner.
2. The PURITY product hampers will be couriered to each prize winner. Purity will arrange for the delivery of the prizes within a reasonable time of between 4 to 6 weeks after the winner has been contacted.
3. The winners are responsible for providing a day time address for delivery or a postal address and to be present to receive the prize and/or timeously collect the prize within a reasonable time. PURITY and Old Mutual take no responsibility for the loss of the prize should the winner of the prize not be present to receive the prize or fail to collect the prize Office.
4. The prize(s) shall not include: Any further remuneration, bank fees, transaction fees or the amount exchanged for any other form of tender.
5. The following costs and expenses shall not be part of the prize(s) and shall be the responsibility of the person who is selected to be awarded a prize: bank charges, insurance, bank fees, transaction charges.
6. The Competition starts on 4 March 2021 and ends on 1 October 2021. All entries must be received by 09:30am on 1 October 2021. All entries received and/or made after that time shall not be eligible to be entered into the Competition and shall be disqualified. There may be a charge incurred even though the entry is not accepted as valid.
Cost and Method of Entry
1. Only entries submitted via the SMS number as advertised by The Morning Show followed by submitting of content via the Morning Show’s WhatsApp number will be accepted as valid entry into the Competition by The Morning Show.
2. All costs incurred by you to enter the Competition are for your personal account and are your own personal responsibility. There are no refunds for any entries received by The Morning Show that are ineligible and/or after the deadline.
3. No acknowledgement of the entry will be provided by The Morning Show.
4. Acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Competition is mandatory for entry into the Competition.
5. All entries must be completed by the stipulated deadline(s), as advertised on The Morning Show. No responsibility is accepted by The Morning Show for any entries which are lost, incomplete, incoherent, delayed beyond the stipulated deadlines, fail to arrive, damaged, illegible, inaudible, not transmitted, are not received for any other reason by the stipulated deadline(s). Proof of submission by the entrant is not deemed as an accepted as proof of delivery of an entry that was not received by nor meet the criteria for entry as set by The Morning Show.
6. No responsibility is accepted by The Morning Show for the cost and/or charges incurred in respect of any entries. The Morning Show shall not be liable for any reason to any person who may enter the Competition and each person enters at their own risk and cost.
1. The prize winners will be selected via a random draw from all eligible entrants who have entered via the correct method. No spam accounts will be awarded any prize(s).
2. There shall be no independent supervision of the Competition and all decisions are at the sole discretion of The Morning Show.
3. The decision of The Morning Show as to the winners of the Competition is final and binding, no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The winners will be notified by The Morning Show within seven working days from the date of selection. The winner will have 48 hours to respond that they have received the confirmation of their win. The Morning Show has the right to select another winner if the initial winner cannot be contacted within this 48-hour period.
5. The prize(s) can only be awarded and/or taken by the person whose name is provided at the time of entry to the Competition. The Morning Show is not obliged to exchange and/or transfer any prize to another person.
6. The Morning Show reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Competition will not bring The Morning Show or any of the affiliates to the Competition’s brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Competition as determined by the sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. Entrants, through their participation in the Competition, can grant The Morning Star Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual the right to use their entry submission in the form of their tip or idea in future promotional activity, free of charge.
8. The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any entry that has been left out from participation for any reason.
9. By entering into the Competition, the entrants and prize winners agree and grant permission to have their names, opinions and / or submissions published by The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual on any website or any other similar medium in electronic or printed format. All entrants consent to their names so published by The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual, and agree that they will not hold The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual liable in any way for publishing their names and opinions in any format whatsoever. Entrants are aware that they may access the personal information that The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual hold and request The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual to correct any errors or to delete this information. Entrants may also request The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual at any time to remove their names from any website on which personal information is published by The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual. The Morning Show, Tiger Brands and Old Mutual will never publish any email addresses or any contact telephone numbers of any entrants or prize winners. To view our full privacy notice, visit our website on www.tigerbrands.com and www.oldmutual.co.za.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Entry and Prizes
1. The Morning Show reserves the right, at its sole discretion to withdraw and/or substitute any prize at any time and/or for any reason. The Morning Show may replace and/or substitute any prize with any products, goods, services and/or cash which it decides is appropriate in the circumstances.
2. The Morning Show may at any time decide to change, cancel, amend, vary, delete, add to and/or otherwise alter the terms and conditions of entry, the prizes and/or any other part of the Competition. The Morning Show shall not be required to send separate notification to each person who has and/or may enter the Competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on The Morning Show’s public platforms including but not limited to its social media and television platforms.
3. If the Morning Show is required by any legislation or the Minister of Trade and Industry, to alter any aspect of the competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Morning Show will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such. In such event, all entrants shall have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the sponsors, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
Assignment and Moral Rights
1. It is a condition of entry that the person entering the Competition agrees and undertakes to assign to The Morning Show the sole and exclusive intellectual property rights including copyright whether in existence now and/or created in the future and any other rights in all media throughout the world and universe in all the material entered for the Competition (except their personal details).
2. The Morning Show shall have the right to assign, license and/or commercially exploit the material in any form and the person shall not be entitled to receive any sums. No rights of any nature shall be retained by the person who entered the Competition.
3. The person who entered the Competition waives the right to be identified as the author of the material submitted for the Competition. It is agreed that The Morning Show may be credited as the copyright owner and may assign, license and/or commercially exploit the material in any form and the person shall not be entitled to receive any sums.
1. All entrants consent to their Personal information being
a. used by Tiger Brands, Old Mutual and The Morning Show;
b. shared with Tiger Brands, Old Mutual and The Morning Show’s service providers for the purposes of the Competition and related identification;
c. shared only with third parties involved with the Competition for the administration of the Competition and/or the supply and delivery of the prizes; and/ or
d. shared with a Financial Advisor, to contact the entrants to advise the entrants on financial planning, with a specific focus on saving for a child’s education or any other financial planning needs.
Force Majeure and Law
1. Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of The Morning Show the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised thereafter, The Morning Show reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered the Competition.
2. The terms and conditions of this Competition shall be subject to the Laws of South Africa.
1. All entrants shall have their name and answer [announced/displayed/printed on broadcast of The Morning Show and its affiliate public and social media platforms.
Contact Details of Company
1. The contract details of the Company are:
Cheeky Pictures (Pty) Ltd t/e Cheeky Media
Address: 2 Palmboom Place, Sandton